Our Biggest Release Ever
All of Your Devices
Dunkadoo now runs on iPhones, iPads, Android Phones, and Android Tablets.
Have you ever tried to find a bird based on a text or Tweet?
With Dunkadoo, you can now display sightings on an interactive map!
With GPS coordinates from a tablet or phone, sightings appear in seconds on a map where you can interact and discover with a touch of your finger.
Birding Festivals and Fundraisers
- Using Dunkadoo, you can build real-time maps of where the best birds are being found at your festival this fall.
- Create a new Project.
- Invite your tour guides by email address.
- Tour guides install the app and start recording birds in seconds.
- Visitors watch and discover new birds from their phones!
- Dunkadoo is the killer app for your next competitive birding event.
- Create a Project for each team.
- Invite team members by email address.
- Teams install the app and start recording birds in seconds.
- During the competition, only enable “Tally” data on the public page which shows the total number of species found. This way competitors can watch in real-time as teams find more species – like a scoreboard for birding.
- At the the deadline time, use the Dashboard to enable Maps and other public data. Feature interactive data in your banquet and awards ceremony. Make your competition stand out from the rest!
New Counter Training Video
New Mobile App Datasheet
The Datasheet displays the number of sightings by species each hour. Counters use this feature to keep track of their Observations each day and to double check their work.
- Datasheet hours can start at the top of the hour, at the start time of your first Metadata, or at the local sunrise time.
- Breaks out attributes into sub-rows.
- See the number of birds for each hour, each species, and each day.
- Quickly display species composition in an interactive pie chart.
- Find records and edit them with a tap.
New Administrator Dashboard
- Edit Your Data
Review and edit your observations and metadata from your computer or phone.
- Add and Edit Questions in Your Projects
Need to add a new question or change your answers? Now you can point, click, and save your changes in seconds.
- Add and Edit Species in Your Taxonomies
Add a new spuh or new questions for a species using the Taxonomy Manager.
- Configure Your Public Outreach Pages
Add, remove, or rearrange sections on your public pages.
- Configure Focus Species and Species Buttons on the Mobile App
- Export Your Data
- Invite New Users
- Manage Your Team
All of Your Research on Dunkadoo
Add New Projects
- Setup new questions and metadata in minutes.
- Add species buttons and create your list of focus species.
- Activate a public page to share your research.
- Add your team.
Add New Taxonomies
- Copy a standard taxonomy, like eBird, and modify it for your research, or start with a new taxonomy from scratch.
- Add or change attributes for species.
- Add species questions that will appear in the Mobile App when that species is observed.
- Need a different base taxonomy? Contact our support team for help getting your taxonomy imported at email@example.com.
Updates Like Magic
- Edits to your data on the web are synced to the Mobile App, and changes on the Mobile App are immediately available online.
- Edit your Project while your research is underway. Your team can start collecting data with your new protocol – as soon as they can find some internet!
- New species, attributes, and species questions are ready for data collection as soon as you hit save.
Check them out on our website!